LGBTQ 101 - Basics of working with the LGBTQ community including terminology, pronouns, coming out, and important considerations in being an ally to the LGBT community when it comes to behavioral health.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0) Nursing (0.0)
This course is no longer active and cant be enrolled intoContinue Course Take This Course
- Coming Out as LGBTQ
- Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation differences
- Participants will be able to identify basic terminology utilized in the LGBT community when it comes to identities, including what terms should NOT be used and reliable resources.
- Participants will be able to identify WHY utilizing correct pronouns are an important part of building trust in a therapeutic relationship and how to approach this with clients.
- Participants will be able to strategize around the important issue of coming out as LGBTQ and what questions and responses are vital to building a positive relationship with clients around coming out.
- Participants will be able to identify the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation and how it applies to their own identity as well as clients.