The overall goal of this course is to explore the evidence-based benefits of medicated assisted treatment (MAT) programs for those with an opioid use disorder in the criminal justice system. By the end of this course, you will understand how MAT programming enhances safety and security within the correctional facility; specifically, best practices for harm reduction. This course provides you with knowledge on how to best advocate for those that you work with within a correctional facility.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (1.0) Mi-CEC (0.0) Nursing (0.0)
- How our use of language impacts both positively and negatively our interactions with people who use substances.
- How jail programming helps far more than just the person who is involved with programming.
- What is MAT programming and what common medications are used with a MAT program.
- How do psychosocial services impact MAT services in a jail.
- What laws protect an individuals access to MAT programming in a jail.
- What is your feelings about providing MAT treatment to individuals who are housed in your local jail?
- In what ways does a jail operating a MAT program contribute to the safety and security of all others inside the facility?