This cross-disciplinary training between service providers and criminal-legal systems intends to increase collaboration, clarify expectations, and improve service delivery in a correctional setting.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (1.5) Nursing (0.0)
Continue Course Take This Course
This course is only assignable via your agency.
This course is unavailable for direct enrollment, please contact the Community Mental Health Association of Michigan.
- Gaining Entry to Correctional Facilities
- Chain of Command
- Do’s and Dont’s
- Behavioral Expectations
- Clarify and understand the general guidelines for gaining access to a correctional facility.
- Understand policy and procedure differences in a correctional facility as opposed to community provider settings.
- Clarify and understand wait times, service provision, and potential delays.
- Clarify and understand how to provide services in a correctional setting once access is granted.
- Clarify and understand what, when, and how to report information to correctional command staff.
- Understand procedures for ending a session with a consumer.
- Become educated on how to build relationships with correction staff.
- Understand challenges that may be encountered providing services in correctional settings.
- Become educated on must-know information for auxiliary service providers.