The State of Michigan requires every licensed or certified professional in the the helping and human services field to complete, during the time period prior to the date of renewal of the license or certification, a minimum number of hours of continuing education in courses or programs approved by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Requirements for most licenses can be found here.

For Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC) and Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CAADC), the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) would be the party requiring continuing education. Requirements for these certifications can be found here.

Back to listing
education licensure certification legal